The Careers Team
|Senior Leadership Lead: Careers and Personal Development
|Mr A Mitchell
Tel: 01947 602406
| Careers Guidance Leader
|Ms Gail Mackle
Tel: 01947 602406
At Caedmon College we are committed to providing impartial Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance for all our students. We provide this in several ways: through the curriculum; within our PSHE programme, through careers workshops; through an independent careers adviser and also through employer and other education providers visiting the College to speak to our students.
Information on jobs and careers
You can use these links to look up what skills and qualifications you need for the job you are interested in. You can also find out wage details, suggestions of other similar jobs and what the job prospects are like for that job (whether it is expected that there will be more or less jobs in that particular career).
- Unifrog - our careers platform for use in College
- Inspiring Choices
- National Careers Week Newsletter
- NCW Future of Work Guide
- NatWest School Leavers Brochure
- A university graduate’s guide to boosting career prospects
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprentices are employed in a job and paid a salary, whilst undertaking training to support the development of their skills. Apprentices will spend at least 20% of their paid time completing ‘off-the-job’ training where they will be supported by a training provider to achieve their apprenticeship. Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16, living in England and have no upper age limit. To find more please visit the government website: https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/apprentices/becoming-apprentice
- Art and Design
- Business Studies
- Drama and Music
- Food and Nutrition
- Physical Education
- UCAS Adviser Widget
- LMI Widget - Learning about the labour market is an important part of choosing your career. It can help you to find out how much your salary might be, where the best parts of the country are for employment in your chosen career and also how competitive it might be to get into your career. You can find out this information and more in the careers library in Unifrog or you can use this quick and easy Careerometer!