Year 9 Vaccinations 2022
Published on 15/12/21
Your child is being offered two vaccines in Year 9. These are the MenACWY vaccine, which helps to protect against Meningitis and Septicaemia, and the DTP booster which helps to protect against Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio.
How do I give my consent?
- Go to www.hdft.nhs.uk/schoolvaccinations
- Enter the School Code and click “Find School” - (Caedmon College 121667)
- Complete the form with your child’s information and parent/guardian contact information*.
- Click the green “Submit” button.
*Once submitted, if you provide a valid email address, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. We will also email you to let you know that your child has been immunised. If your child has specific medical requirements, one of our nurses may need to get in touch before we are due to carry out the immunisations. We routinely share your child’s vaccination information with their registered GP surgery.
The deadline for online consents is 2 January
Why is the Meningitis vaccine being offered?
The MenACWY vaccination helps to protect your child against four types of meningococcal bacteria (groups A, C, W and Y) that can cause meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain) and septicaemia (blood poisoning). These diseases are very serious.
Why is the Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio vaccine being offered?
- The 3-in-1 DTP booster vaccine helps protect your child against three severe diseases: diphtheria, tetanus, and polio.
- Diphtheria is a serious disease that can damage the heart and nervous system.
- Tetanus is a painful disease affecting the nervous system which can lead to muscle spasms and breathing problems.
- Polio is a virus that attacks the nervous system which can cause permanent paralysis of muscles.
Where can I find out more?
We hope that the information provided addresses any concerns you or your child might have about these vaccinations. By having these vaccines your child will be protecting themselves and others from very serious diseases. It is important that this letter is shared with your child.
For more information regarding the MenACWY vaccination please visit this website:
For more information regarding the DTP booster vaccination please visit this website:
If you have any questions regarding this programme, or you believe your child’s vaccination status is not up to date please contact the Childhood Immunisation Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling us on 01423 553115.
Childhood Immunisation Team for North Yorkshire and City of York