External Agencies

If a student with additional needs does not make adequate progress despite interventions over a period of time then it may be appropriate to refer to another agency such as:

  • Healthy Child Team
  • Visual Impairment Service
  • Hearing Impairment Service
  • CYPS – Children’s and Young People Service
  • CAHMS – Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service
  • Alternative Provision
  • Physiotherapy via GP
  • Educational Psychologist
  • SEND Hub
  • Medical Education Service
  • Disabled Children and Young Peoples services
  • Early Help
  • Children's social care
  • Pediatric service
  • Speech and Language Service
  • EAL and GRT service
  • Youth Justice Service
  • Dalewood House
  • The Street
  • Young Carers.

Before a referral is made there will be substantial discussion with parents about the referral and what support might be offered or requested. Parental consent is required for all of these referrals. In some circumstances the professionals from these agencies may request an initial meeting with parents. However this is not always the case.

More in this Section