Senior ICT Technician
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Senior ICT technician, to assist our ICT Network Manager, Tom Hutchinson. The role will involve providing technical and user support for current and new ICT hardware and software, under the direction and support of the Network Manager. Training will be provided as needed for the successful postholder, but a good level of understanding of ICT systems and prior knowledge/appropriate qualifications are required for the post. We are looking for someone who can work independently and who is proactive and adaptable in their work.
The main duties include:
- setting up and maintaining IT systems
- assisting staff and student users
- installing programmes according to copyright laws
- maintaining security systems and data protection
- managing mobile devices via management systems
- maintaining projectors and other display devices
- assisting in the monitoring of online behaviours as part of e-safety and safeguarding
- knowledge of working with some of the following; Microsoft Office and, Microsoft Active Directory and other server roles
- good knowledge of Google Apps and Apple software is desirable.
The successful candidate will be able to rapidly problem solve, communicate well with others and have a positive attitude to the challenge of working with complex systems across three sites.